The long awaited review on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit has finally arrived! Although this has been around for quite a while now, I finally got my hands on it, and I would like to invite you to follow me on this adventure!
First Impressions: My initial impression was, “Oh this looks like everything I would use on a daily basis.” You have your matte highlights, a shimmer highlight, and a variety of bronzers/contour shades. As I delved into this lovely palette, I of course started by swatching each shade on my arm.
- Vanilla (A matte pinkish nude highlight color) This color, swatched, is not super pigmented but still sets my under eye concealer nicely. I’m pretty fair so it doesn’t “highlight” much on my face, but rather matches my skintone.
- Banana (A matte yellow tinted highlight color) This is nicely pigmented, but again doesn’t quite “brighten” up my face as it should. If you’re darker or more tan than I am, this would look amazing on you!
- Sand (A soft shimmery highlight color) This highlight color is lovely, but not as shimmery as I thought it would be. It’s definitely a soft, more diffused highlight, if you will. It undeniably does not compare to lets say the Mary Lou-Manizer highlight by the Balm, but still pretty.
- Java (A matte warm toned contour shade) Pigmentation is awesome, and application is awesome!
- Fawn (A matte neutral contour shade) This one’s one of my favorites because it is so neutral and so easy to work with, you can’t really go wrong.
- Havana (A matte and more warm shade than Java) Super pigmented and gives your face a super healthy sunkissed look.
This Contour Kit is basically all matte but one, Sand, and it is also Hypoallergenic, which is always good.
- Pigmentation is great
- Feels like butter
- Very useful and versatile array of colors
- Suits almost any skin tone
- Perfect for your makeup kit or just for personal use
- If you run out, you can purchase single refillable pots
- Perfect for traveling
- I wish Sand was more pigmented
- Pricey for some
- Vanilla slightly disappears into my skin tone (Thats what I get for being so pale)
Swatch is under natural lighting
I hope you all enjoyed my review on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit!